A blog about writing and research on Shearwater Pottery (Ocean Springs, Mississippi) and Walter Inglis Anderson See Shearwater page at www.dreaminginclay.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Early Walter Anderson oil
One of Walter Anderson's oil paintings from the 1930s, a portrait of his brother James McConnell Anderson, is for sale at Neal Auction. This is one of the few remaining oil paintings from the late 1920s and 1930s, which include "Horse and Rider," "Dark Flowers," "Dark-Haired Woman in Red Dress," the four portraits of Agnes Grinstead Anderson, "Black Skimmer," "Androcles and Lion," "Man on Horse," "Indians Hunting," and "Jockeys Riding Horses," some of which, presumably, were damaged by Katrina. Sold for $52,500.

1 Comments:

Blogger mmerluna said...

Hello. I am interested in the artist Frank Baisden and his wife, Kay. I was wondering if you discovered anything about them in your research.
I met Frank and Kay as a child in Roseland, Florida where they wintered. They were friends of my grandparents who lived in Roseland year-round and who were from Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
The memories I have of Frank and Kay are almost magical and I feel a deep curiosity about them.
Anything you could tell me about them would be much appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Mary Moon
mmerluna@aol.com

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home